Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency
RN Clinical Director - Home Health
Minneapolis, MN 55413 United States
Director of Clinical Services
Director of Nurses
RN Nurse Supervisor
Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency (MVNA) is a mission-driven agency with roots in public health nursing since 1902. It has strong ties to the community where it has provided Medicare and Medicaid certified Home Care and Hospice services in addition to public health services, community benefits, educational programs, immunizations and community wellness clinics. MVNA is committed to providing high-quality, patient-centered care.
We have an exciting opportunity in a leadership position in our Home Health Department. As the Director of our Home Health team, you’ll play an integral part in ensuring the provision of high quality, culturally competent care. You’ll lead our direct care staff in providing exceptional patient-centered home health services offered throughout the Twin Cities’ community. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide mentoring and supervision of Team Leaders including performance appraisal.
• Assume responsibility for development of clinical policy and procedure.
• Participate in interviewing, hiring, orienting and evaluating home care staff.
• Oversee implementation and monitoring of quality assurance.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with clinical staff.
• Assess and identify educational needs of clinical staff and volunteers.
• Display a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with patients, families, peers and in the community.
Education, training, experience:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree in nursing required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Current RN licensure in the state of Minnesota.
• Education, preparation and/or experience to include:
o Five years of more of demonstrated leadership in a health care setting, preferably home care including supervision and mentoring of staff.
o Previous home care experience.
o Demonstrated management ability and knowledge of nursing practice, applicable rules and regulations pertaining to home care.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and the internet.
• Current CPR certification
• Valid MN Driver’s License and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
Terms & Conditions